With numerous attempts to redefine marriage – at both state and federal level – there has never been a greater need to support this vital institution. YOU can make a real difference by adding your name to the Australian Marriage Declaration.
Together, we can let our policymakers know how much marriage – the union of one man and one woman, voluntarily entered into for life – matters to us.
Let them know: it’s important enough to decide your vote!
I DECLARE AND AFFIRM THAT:
- marriage is the union of one man and one woman, voluntarily entered into for life;
- marriage-based families are the optimum environment for the raising of children;
- marriage is a fundamental social institution recognised and valued over millenia across races, cultures and creeds;
- marriage precedes and predates the state and cannot be redefined by government; and
- marriage is important enough to decide my vote in elections.